Monday, October 4, 2010

I LOVE how God works!

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”  Ephesians 3:20–21


God said for us to follow Him in this. And, yes, He said He would provide. If we didn’t believe this whole adoption thing was His idea and trust Him to complete it, we never would have followed Him into it. So the fact that God is providing is not unexpected. What has been unexpected is how He provides and how overwhelmed I am by it.

When we began this process, I prayed and asked God to miraculously provide $50,000 for our adoption. (In my mind, our primary need was money, but I was wrong – again!) God said, “That’s not how I want to do this. I have a better way.”

One of the blessings that God has provided through His "better way" is that He has made it so that there are many people involved in our adoption. He has provided monetary gifts in bits and pieces – some big, some small – to allow as many people as possible to be a part of bringing our children home. That means that we must be patient and wait on God to provide, and then provide some more, and then provide some more. Like the manna the Israelites received daily - just when they needed it, but only enough for that day. Never so much that that they could forget they were dependent upon Him, and never so little that they would doubt His faithfulness. That’s where we stand financially in this process.

But, of course, financial provision is only the beginning. Even more importantly and amazingly, God is continually providing us with revelations about Himself through this process. God, yes, GOD – the One, the Only, the Eternal Living God, the Creator, the Sustainer, our LORD and SAVIOR - is revealing more and more of Himself to us daily. The greatest blessing we can receive is for God to allow us to know Him more. Nothing else even compares. I wish I could type my overwhelming feelings of gratitude and amazement and awe right into this page. I wish I could put it out there somehow so that you could “feel” what I feel. Words cannot begin to express the blessing of knowing God more and feeling His presence and leading. I just wish I could share a little of it with everyone!

Another unforeseen gift God has given us through doing this HIS way, is the bond we have with everyone who has donated to our adoption. In our hearts, every single person who has given of their own resources to help bring our children home has become a part of our family. The gift that is given is not just viewed by us as dollar signs. It is so much more than money. It is literally the gift of “our children”. Every gift, no matter how large or small, becomes magnified when God uses it. God takes something that we, in all of our wisdom, think we know the value of (a dollar amount), and gives it infinite worth by using it to do something so priceless it cannot be labeled in human terms.

God is so amazing! We love being on this journey with Him. We are thankful and consider ourselves incredibly blessed to be invited on this adventure of adoption. Can’t imagine still living our boring, old, “regular” life. Wooo Hooo and Amen!

3 comments:

James (Randy), Kim, Tyler, and Garrett said...

You are so creative! Love the puzzle piece idea.

James (Randy), Kim, Tyler, and Garrett said...

I wrote my earlier comment in a rush this morning. You know I know it is JESUS who is creative through you. It just seems some folks are more creative than others - and you are one who has been immeasurably blessed with HIS creativity. You guys are a blessing!

Melinda said...

I totally copied that idea from someone else. I figured GOD gave it to them, and that He wouldn't mind if we used it! LOL Love ya!