Monday, March 15, 2010

Been thinkin'...

Last Wednesday's announcement about the additional trip to Ethiopia was disconcerting at first, but as we've had time to digest it and think things through, I personally have actually begun to get really excited about the change.  Yes, it still will be difficult to meet our children and then leave them, but it will allow us to prepare better for them.  And all of us - them included - will have time to really think about the transition that is going to take place in our lives and to take a few steps back to get some perspective on it all.  I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a child to meet their new parents AND go home with them to America within a few short days.  Leaving everyone they know behind and moving to a strange new place with total strangers.... what a shock that would be! I know this will be better for all of us, and I am glad for the change.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: