Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where's the beef?

I know it's been a while since I posted anything of substance here on the blog. It's all been sort of on the "lite" side lately. (Wii family portrait, etc!)  It's not that I don't have anything going on, it's just that I've been so busy that I haven't had time to sit and put it into words.  God has been teaching me MANY things lately.  So many that I feel like my head and my heart are going to explode.

On top of that, I have been running around like a crazy woman doing "stuff".  Home school, home school co-op, robotics, church stuff, buying groceries, cooking said groceries, soccer practice, dance, piano, more soccer practice, soccer games, taking kids to "do stuff" with friends, laundry, leading a ladies' Bible study at church, etc.  Every single thing seems to eat up more time than it should, and the list feels like nothing ever really gets checked off. I feel like I am moving in slow motion no matter how hard I try, and I always feel like I'm behind - and getting more and more behind every hour of the day.

I guess I need some "margin" in my life right now.  I usually don't have a problem making sure that happens, but lately I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. I'm pretty much to that point of having so much to do that I become paralyzed by the thought of it all so I basically end up getting nothing done.

However, on top of all that other stuff I've been doing, I did take some time to read an awesome book over the last few days, and I'll be posting about it soon - another MUST read.  I am so glad I put some things on hold in order to read it.  It was worth it. 

(Soon I hope to get around to posting some of the things God has been teaching me, but at this moment I really am behind and must get up, get this disgusting kitchen cleaned up, and make sure everyone has clothes to wear to church tomorrow!)

No comments: